Alain E. Lareau Jr.
9114 Bronze Bell Cir.
Columbia, MD 21045
443 801 2799
Dedicated professional with over 20 years of employment experience in the industrial maintenance field including three years of instructional experience. Patient and effective communicator when working with a wide range of personalities. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Programmable Logic Controllers and Variable Frequency Drives. Commended by owner and superintendent in the construction of the Silver Spring Mining Company Restaurant for 100% on time completion of installation, which greatly contributed to the success of the project.
ELECTRICAL AND INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE SKILLS
· Operated facility power plant and maintenance of heat transfer systems.
· Maintained and modified production equipment for bread, bagels, and donuts.
· Fabricated and prototyped automated welding equipment for production line facility.(MIG on Cupronickle)
· Produced in-house parts for stainless steel conveyors for fishing industry.(Washdown environment)
· Rehabilitated and wired winching equipment, hoists/wagons used in automated Electroplating systems employing limit switches, magnetic proximity switches and photo eyes.
· Wired three-phase motors and the accompanying festooning into the control panels used in a robotic operation, controlled by a digital control system and provided field services to equipment at customer sites.
· Manufactured and tested of custom-designed conveyor systems. I also delivered and installed the equipment at sites throughout the northeast.
· Maintained and modified of Computer Numeric Control (CNC) drillers and driller routers, grinders, mills, lathes and machining centers.
· Maintained plotting machines, solder re-flow equipment, deposition tank DC rectifiers, Copper etch, Anodizing line, Chrome plating line and Black oxide line
· Inspected and tested electrical systems and equipment to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections, testing devices, and computer software.
Lou Electric 10/07 to Present
Calvert Plumbing and Heating 11/06 to 10/07
Lou Electric 02/05 to 02/06
Beretta USA 02/04 to 02/05
Good News Electric Inc. 05/99 to 02/04
University of Maryland Overseas Extension; Kaiserslautern, Germany
· Coursework in Mathematics and Science
TRADOC, US Army, Germany
· Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS) - Certificate awarded
· Raytheon Digital Multiplexing Seminar - Certificate awarded
· GTE Automatic Tactical Switch Operator Course - Certificate awarded
TRADOC, US Army Signal School, Fort Gordon Georgia
· Muti-Channel Telephone Operator Course - 14 week Advanced Individual Training for Military Occupational Specialty (31 MIKE ) - Certificate awarded
· Tactical Microwave Systems Repair Course - 46 week Advanced Individual Training for Military Occupational Specialty (26 LIMA ) - Certificate awarded
· Common Basic Electronics Training - 7 week (COBET ) - Certificate awarded
Substitute Teacher - Talmudic Academy
Algebra, Geography, Physical Science
Tower Technician - Reliable Telecommunications Service
Facilitated on site fulfillment of antenna system installation contracts for cell phone carriers.
Electrician - Enviro-Systems/Pritchard Brown Division
Installation and connection of wiring for enclosed discrete generator sets, for emergency/portable power applications.
Electrician - Good News Electric Inc.
Installation of power distribution systems at commercial sites, cat-5 and RG-6 coax network cabling, Fire alarm and
DMX 512 lighting control systems. (Baltimore area)
Millwright - Centra Corp.
Refurbishment of various machine tool equipment for used equipment showroom.
Assistant Plant Engineer - Donut Delight
Maintenance and modification of plant and equipment for donut production.
Fitter Assembler - Ellicot Machine Corporation
Responsible for final assembly of dredge barges.
Prototyper - Heat Transfer Products
Fabrication of automated welding equipment for production line facility.
Inside Machinist - RJP Freelance Fabrication
Production of in-house parts for stainless steel conveyors for fishing industry.
Outside Machinist - Collana's Shipyard
Duties included replacement of external shaft seals, rudder bushings, and valving. Rehabilitation of winching equipment.
Supervisory Multichannel Operator
Charlie Company, First Signal Battalion
Responsibilities included preventive Maintenance and the Operation of Army Telecommunication Systems. My experience includes both "hands-on" and supervisory functions. Specifically, I maintained and operated all installed equipment on the Army's Area Tactical Communications System. The equipment consisted of telephone terminals and repeaters; radio terminals and repeaters; antennas; automatic and manual switchboards; cryptographic equipment; interface units; built-in test equipment and peripheral support systems. In addition I ensured all equipment was maintained at a high level of operational readiness; provided logistics support; conducted quality assurance checks; and trained personnel assigned to my unit.
Field Service Technician
- Nationwide Marketing Services
Commercial customer servicing; upgrading tire-changing equipment, speed balances and other automotive equipment. This position required a combination of customer services skills, as well as my mechanical abilities. It was my job to ensure that all company equipment was in working order and maintain good rapport with customers over a range of states along the U.S. East Coast.
Electrical Line Wirer
- Systems Engineer Manufacture Corporation
Responsible for wiring of hoists/wagons used in automated Electroplating systems. Specifically I worked with limit switches, magnetic proximity switches and photo eyes. These systems and equipment were used in a robotic operation, controlled by a digital control system.(PLC) I also wired three-phase motors and the accompanying festooning into the control panels. Additionally, I provided field services to equipment at customer sites.
Shop Tester and Installer
- Eastern Materials Handling
Responsible for the manufacture and test of custom-designed conveyor systems. I also delivered and installed the equipment at sites throughout the northeast.
Plant Maintenance Technician - Epic
Responsibilities included maintenance and modification of Computer Numeric Control (CNC) drillers and driller routers. Additionally, I maintained plotting machines, solder re-flow equipment, deposition tank DC rectifiers, and constant-speed AC motors. My responsibilities included equipment evaluation, preventive and corrective maintenance.
Stationary Fireman & Maintenance Assistant
- Hyannis Candleworks
Operation of facility power plant and maintenance of heat transfer systems.
Tactical Microwave Systems Repair Technician
U.S. Army National Guard
During this period, I developed the capability to maintain, troubleshoot; install and repair sophisticated microwave communications systems.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (dates)
Available upon request
cell tel. 443-801-2799
9114 Bronze Bell Cir., Baltimore MD 21045-2915